We are an East Mill Creek community nonprofit irrigation water company, managed and operated mostly by volunteers and entirely by your neighbors. Our mission is to provide safe, affordable and sustainable irrigation water. We keep costs down because everyone is responsible for diverting their own water, and helps with ditch cleaning, maintenance, troubleshooting problems, and volunteering. It’s been working that way since 1848.
Want to save money on your water bill? If you live in East Mill Creek and have an active ditch, you might be eligible to join. Many of our users pay less than $100 per year for 6 months of irrigation water! Each water share is about 20 minutes of water. See the system map to learn if you are on an active ditch.
- Water will resume sometime after March 31. Please keep your ditches clear of debris to prevent flooding from storm water.
- If you want to buy more water shares, there are currently Brigham Young shares for sale. If you want to buy Amos Neff or Franklin John Neff shares, ask to have your name put on the “Want to buy” list. If you have shares to sell, call us at 801-882-1173.
- If neighbors need information about our irrigation ditches, give them a copy of the “Good Neighbor Flier”.
- We urge everyone to be aware that this is a drought year and to please be conscientious and careful in how you use Mill Creek irrigation water.
- Adjudication letters from the State of Utah have been sent to most of our shareholders. If all you have are East Mill Creek Water Company Irrigation shares and Salt Lake City Culinary water, you do not need to file a Water Rights Claim form because Salt Lake City and East Mill Creek Water Company will complete the required documentation for all our shareholders. If you have a well, house-deeded water, or some other form of water right, then you probably need to complete the forms. Contact a state adjudicator for more information. We have sent more information about this with assessments.
- For ways to help, go to VOLUNTEER.
- Assessments will be sent on January 2, s019. You can now pay by check, by Direct Recurring Payment from your bank account (this one saves you and the Company the most time and money), or by Credit Card. To sign up for Direct Payment, print and complete this Authorization Form. For more information or to make an online payment after January 2nd, go to PAYMENTS.
East Mill Creek Water Company
P.O. Box 9334
Salt Lake City, UT 84109
For more contact info, see “About Us“